We are proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye 5.0.12 for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
This is an update for the new StockMarketEye 5 version that includes stability and compatibility improvements. There are a number of new minor features as well as fixes for a number of issues related to CSV exports.
Below is the full list of changes in StockMarketEye 5.0.12.
What’s New In StockMarketEye 5.0.12?
- New feature to require an Upload synchronization after optimizing data.
- Improved sell lot transaction screen for better lot selection and share count handling.
- When importing historical quotes from a CSV file, show which symbols for which the historical quotes are being imported.
- Added Shareholders Service Group brokerage.
- Added new “Benchmark Ann TR %” column.
- Added “Print” button to the EULA page.
- Changed column headers from DivPayoutRatio -> DivPayout; Recommendation -> Advice
- Changed that when adding re-invested dividends, the shares or price/share are not automatically calculated on any editing, but only if it is not yet set.
- Tweaked the 3rd chart line color to be a more visible green in the light theme.
- Fix to show correct number of shares in partial lot sale using sell-lot transaction details window.
- Fixed minor issue with loading quotes of certain MSN ticker symbols.
- Fixed issue in Transactions report CSV export with import compatible columns that did not properly export UseRateForCCy column.
- Fixed issue with Transactions report CSV export that didn’t export all 8 decimal places.
- Fixed issue with CSV export of Prices view having wrong locale formatting for CCY columns.
- Fixed issue in Chart CSV export where dates in the output file were off by 1 day.
- Fixed minor issues with historical quotes imported from CSV files.
- Fixed issue where a Portfolio Group’s Summary report charts were not the same as the contained individual portfolio.
- Fixed issue that prevented editing Categories in a Portfolio Group.
- Fixed issue that left the Cash balance in top-level Portfolio at zero on start up.
- Fixed issue that could cause Portfolio Totals to stop updating after StockMarketEye has been running for a few days.
If you are running StockMarketEye 5, please update at your earliest convenience either through the auto-update feature or by downloading and installing from our website.