We are very proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye v2.8.1 for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
This release includes a couple of new features and many bug fixes. It is a recommended update for all users.
What’s New In StockMarketEye v2.8.1
- Automatic backup runs at startup. See Preferences -> Advanced tab to enable/disable.
- Manual backup files can be encrypted. Automatic backup files are always encrypted.
- Allow editing of Price/Sales column.
- Make the symbol field larger to fit options in entry dialogs.
- Much faster backup process.
- More exchange and currency mappings for Google Finance symbols.
- Allow for entering dividends for stocks that are not in the portfolio as sometimes they can be distributed later, after selling a stock.
- 52-week high/low is now calculated from historical quotes rather than pulled from data providers.
- Fixed: Rounding errors fixed.
- Fixed: Google fundamentals not working due to change in JSON.
- Fixed: Problems with handling of dividends/split detection for historical data.
- Fixed: Portfolio deleting doesn’t work.
- Fixed: Transaction costs incorrectly handled in some circumstances.
- Fixed: Portfolio Totals does not sum YTD/1Y income columns in the total.
- Fixed: All chart ranges not available for a stock/fund if intraday quotes not available.
- Fixed: Printing to PDF leaves off header.
- Fixed: Google historical quotes data cleanups.
- Fixed: Chart range problems for “younger” stocks when EMA was used.
- Fixed: Buying a stock on the ex-div date should not show that dividend in dividend search box.
- Fixed: Gain showing in MarketVal column.
- Fixed: Google Hist quotes fixed for issues with timezone (visible with Tokyo exchanges values).
- Fixed: Calculation of TR was incorrect if sharesAffected value of transactions was not specified.
- Fixed: Calculate and save a transaction’s sharesAffected value, if it doesn’t have a valid value already, such as when imported from MSMoney.
- Fixed: Interest payments are not taken into account in the portfolio’s total return.
- Fixed: Chart scaling for certain stocks.
- Fixed: Chart lines do not fall on first trading day of the month.
- Fixed: In some cases, symbol changed information caused quote updates not to work.
There is no charge for this upgrade so we highly recommend that all users (trial and licensed) upgrade to the newest version.
You can download the latest version of StockMarketEye here.