A reverse stock split merges shares to increase stock prices. Low stock...by Jonathan Anthony
StockMarketEye 4.2.6 Released
We are proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye 4.2.6 for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
This release concentrates on improving the user experience in the aftermath of the Google Finance disruption. We’ve also fixed some bugs and added minor performance improvements.
As of StockMarketEye 4.2.6, we no longer support Google Finance as a data provider. The vast majority of securities covered by Google Finance are also covered by Yahoo Finance and we therefor recommend that you convert your Google Finance ticker symbols over to Yahoo Finance ticker symbols.
There are, however, cases where Yahoo Finance does not cover a particular market or set of securities, for example Canadian mutual funds. In these cases, StockMarketEye will continue to try to get end-of-day (EOD) quotes from Google Finance. Retrieval of EOD quotes for these markets/securities will work as long as the last Google Finance access point is still open.
Below is the full list of changes in StockMarketEye 4.2.6.
What’s New In StockMarketEye 4.2.6
- Removed GoogleFinance as a data provider except for markets that are not covered by Yahoo Finance – this includes, notably, Canadian and other non-US mutual funds. If you have Google Finance ticker symbols for these types of securities, you do not need to change them. This will work as long as the old Google Finance access point for these securities remains open.
- Improved the charts and historical data retrieval for some UK, DE and CH securities which had inconsistent EOD data from Yahoo Finance.
- Fix for dividends/yield values for UK stocks.
- Fix for ROE and ROA being off by factor of 100.
- Aligned calculation of TR for multi-lot holdings and partial sales with the IncomeTotal calculation.
- Fix issue with Capital One brokerage import.
- Improved the Summary report to use manually edited Last values if the end date of the report is today.
- Fixed case where imported historical quotes (from CSV) were not used in the Prices view for non-quoted items until after a restart.
- Performance improvement for 52W and AllTime fundamental columns.
- Show the Category name in the Name column for Watchlist categories.
- Updated internal libraries on Linux to help startup issue on newer debian systems.
This is a free update for anyone already using StockMarketEye 4. If you are using StockMarketEye 4, we highly recommend that you update to the new version.