StockMarketEye 5.3.3 Released
We are proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye 5.3.3 for Windows, MacOS and Linux.
Importing from Schwab CSV Files
StockMarketEye 5.3.3 adds support for importing historical transaction CSV files from Charles Schwab. As discussed on our earlier blog post, Schwab has decided to close off access to their “direct connect” (i.e. OFX) service which StockMarketEye and countless other 3rd party financial applications use to download your investment data. The new CSV import feature for Schwab CSV files is a short-term workaround for keeping your portfolio up-to-date without having to manually enter transactions.
We have prepared a detailed guide on using the new import feature. It will guide you through the process of downloading the historical transactions in CSV format from your on-line Schwab brokerage account. It will then show you how to import that file into StockMarketEye. The guide also includes a number of best practice tips for using the new import feature.
New “Copy” Cell and Row Feature
This release of StockMarketEye also includes new “copy” features that allow you to copy individual cell values or entire rows. The “copy” feature is available in the popup menu when you right-click (CMD-click on Mac) on a row or cell of a table.
The “Copy cell” menu will copy the contents of the cell in which you clicked. The “Copy row” menu will copy the entire row in which you clicked. “Copy row” is useful as you can then paste directly into Excel or most other spreadsheets (NOTE: pasting a row does not work as expected in Apple’s Numbers). You can copy multiple rows at a time in tables that permit multiple items to be selected at the same time.
What’s New In StockMarketEye 5.3.3?
- Support importing from Schwab historical transaction CSV files. See details in the User’s Guide.
- Add “Copy cell” and “Copy row” popup menu items for most tables.
- Don’t show the thousands separator when exporting to CSV and the “Include currency and percent symbols” option is not checked.
- Enhanced the optimize function to include some obsolete preferences.
- Fix for issue with copying text from an editing cell.
- Fix for issue updating from a brokerage and ticker symbol is set to use MSN as the data provider.
- Fix for the display of the ACB/Share value in multi-lot holdings.
- Fix for issue editing Industry/Sector/Sec Type fields.
- Fixed an issue that caused the smiley column to not autosize correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the percentage option for the Folders view.
If you are running StockMarketEye 5 and have an active license, please update at your earliest convenience either through the auto-update feature or by downloading and installing from our website.