StockMarketEye 5.3 Available
We are proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye 5.3 for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
StockMarketEye 5.3 is a large update with many small changes, improvements and fixes. We’ve also updated many of the under-the-hood, internal components that StockMarketEye is built upon to bring you a higher level of performance and stability.
What’s New in StockMarketEye 5.3?
One of the smaller, but important improvements we’ve added in StockMarketEye 5.3, is an improved experience when entering numbers. If you add transactions to your portfolio manually, or even add items to a watchlist, chances are you’ve entered a number into one of the data entry screens. Based on user feedback, we’ve improved this experience to be more accepting of different input and have a more natural number editing.
We’ve also improved the results you get when searching in the Ticker Symbol fields. StockMarketEye 5.3 will now show more targeted results from Yahoo Finance. You can search by ticker symbol or by company/security name. If you have trouble finding the security you’re interested in, trying different variations of the security name can help narrow down the search. As a reminder, we recommend using Yahoo Finance ticker symbols whenever possible as their data coverage is, in general, better than MSN.
Also by popular request, we’ve made the headers for numerical columns right-aligned, just like the data in those columns themselves. Additionally, we’ve improved the auto-sizing of column widths. Auto-sizing will now only take the table’s visible data into account – column header text width will not be used to determine the size of the column. Note that a column could automatically be shrunk to be very narrow, if there is no visible data in that column. You can always resize the columns by dragging the divider between column headers. StockMarketEye will remember the widths, either auto or manually sized, the next time you start. You can read more about configuring columns in our user’s guide page: How To Configure Columns.
In addition to many smaller changes and improvements, we’ve updated much of the under-the-hood software that powers StockMarketEye. We update these components periodically to keep StockMarketEye running smoothly. It improves compatibility with the latest Mac, Windows and Linux versions, as well as helps maintain the highest level of security, stability and performance possible.
Below is the full list of changes in StockMarketEye 5.3.
ChangeLog for StockMarketEye 5.3?
- Improved the experience with entering numbers in the data entry screens.
- Improved Yahoo Finance symbol search results.
- Right-align numeric column headers.
- Change default Fundamentals columns to replace the Dividend and Yield columns with the FwdDividend and FwdYield columns.
- Improved reliability of FwdDiv and FwdYield columns.
- Renamed the YearlyDivYield column in portfolio group Totals view to Yield.
- Renamed the YearlyDivVal column in portfolio group Totals view to DivVal.
- Added the FwdDivVal and FwdYield columns in portfolio group Totals view.
- Added support for the Ann.Expense% column for ETFs.
- Improved handling of non-common split ratios that are based on percentages.
- Treat imported historical quotes with the proper currency based on the symbol.
- Improve the experience when reloading historical quotes that have manually been imported.
- Autosize the Symbol column after adding a new sub-lot.
- Improve the autosize column feature to consider only space taken by column values.
- Show the symbol (asterisk) for value overridden in cells of multi-item rows if any of the multi-item’s sub-lot value are overridden.
- Improved the OFX import to better match short/cover option transactions.
- When importing from OFX/brokerage and the received transaction’s timestamp has a time of 00:00:00.000, set to the default of 16h (4pm).
- Update from brokerage updates non-quoted holdings with prices from download even if no new transactions were downloaded.
- Update from brokerage saves brokerage info (such as password) even if no new transactions were found.
- Internal workaround for live quotes not loading after some time.
- Update certificate for UBS brokerage import.
- Round dividend totals used in benchmark calculations to 2-decimal places for consistency with how normal dividend totals in portfolios are handled.
- When the update doesn’t work, show a link and message to download from site.
- When deleting a stock in watchlist, don’t scroll back to top afterwards, but center view at previous location.
- Fix for exporting a boolean column value to CSV.
- Fixed an issue with Cash Out transactions that have specified commissions not working properly.
- Fix for issue with invested capital portfolios in the Summary report’s benchmark calculation.
- Fixed an issue with ACB/Share value in multi-lot items of UK securities.
- Fix to reset live quotes that have been created from historical quotes.
- Fixed the Total line of a combined portfolio that wasn’t updating after importing a CSV file to new portfolio in empty group.
- Fixed issue that make a portfolio group’s combined portfolio stop updating after a transaction was added.
- Fix for an issue that prevented updating the overall and day totals in the folders view for Watchlists after resetting values.
- Fixed an issue in the Gain/Loss that caused a mismatch due to long/short and buy/sell on same day.
- Fix for an issue editing fields in-line in a portfolio group’s combined Prices/Funds views.
- Fix for editing the Rate value in a transaction so that it does not always delete the number.
- Updated code-signing for Windows.
- Minor improvements in the optimize data feature.
- Other minor performance optimizations.
- Other internal updates, improvements and fixes.
Big kudos to all of our beta testers. You’re input is super valuable and much appreciated!
If you are running StockMarketEye 5, please update at your earliest convenience either through the auto-update feature or by downloading and installing from our website.