A reverse stock split merges shares to increase stock prices. Low stock...by Jonathan Anthony
StockMarketEye 5.4.2 Released
We are proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye 5.4.2 for Windows, MacOS and Linux.
New optimized version for Apple Silicon
We now have a version of StockMarketEye that will run natively on the new M1/Apple Silicon computers! Apple is transitioning their Mac lineup of desktop and laptop computers to using their own processors, aka “Apple Silicon” processors. The first Macs with the new processors are were released at the end of 2020 with the first Apple Silicon processor called the “M1”.
If you’re lucky enough to have one of the new (super fast) Macs, you’ll want to get the latest version of StockMarketEye which is optimized for “Apple Silicon” processors. Note that, in this case, you should download and install the “Apple Silicon” macOs version of StockMarketEye from our download page – updating to the latest version from within the StockMarketEye app will not update to the optimized version.
Based on a few tests we’ve run on a new MacBook Air, the optimized version of StockMarketEye starts up about 3x faster than the non-optimized version. StockMarketEye on the new MacBook Air is also about 20% faster at startup than on a high-end (i9) MacBook Pro from 2018. (As a side note, the new MacBook Air that is 20% faster cost about $1600 vs the high-end MacBook Pro which cost almost $4000!)
Multiple Enhancements to Reports
StockMarketEye 5.4.2 also includes a number of smaller enhancements to the reports.
There’s a new option in the Summary report that will add the “FX” column to the beginning and ending portfolios. If your portfolios have investments in multiple currencies, this option is useful to see the exchange rate from the starting and ending dates.
We’ve added new date ranges in the reports. The “Last 7 Days” range has been added to the Transactions, Gain/Loss and Summary reports. We’ve also added the “Today” range in the Transactions report. If none of the pre-existing ranges meet your needs, you can always set your own custom ranges using the calendars.
The Gain/Loss report has a new column called “Gain Type”. The values in the column are either SHORT or LONG depending on the length of time that lot was held. SHORT term gains are those held for 1 year or less. LONG term gains are those held for more than 1 year.
You’ll find the full list of additions, improvements and fixes in this version of StockMarketEye below.
What’s New In StockMarketEye 5.4.2?
- New Apple Silicon optimized build! If you have a new Apple Silicon based Mac, download from here.
- Added multiple selection to gain/loss report for copying multiple rows at once.
- Added “Alerts…” item to context menu for portfolios and watchlists.
- When changing a saved brokerage password, change the password for all portfolios linked to the same brokerage and username.
- Improved the text shown in the “Linked Lot” column of the Transactions report.
- Added support for purging ticker symbol settings in the Preferences -> Quotes tab.
- Added new date format in the Preferences -> Formatting tab that doesn’t include ‘0’ when day or month is less than 10.
- Improved historical quote downloading from Yahoo Finance to handle new edge-cases.
- Enhanced the Schwab CSV import to support more transaction types, including capital gains.
- Added support for showing ‘open’ for multi-item Gain/Loss report items in the “Close Date” column if all sub-gain/loss items are open items.
- Added support for the ‘Last 7 Days’ range in Transactions, Gain/Loss and Summary reports.
- Added support for the ‘Today’ range in Transactions report.
- Added the “Gain Type” column to the G/L report to show SHORT term (1 year or less) and LONG term (more than 1 year) gains.
- Added support for a new option to show the “FX” column in Summary report’s Start and End portfolios.
- Tweaked TWRR calculation of Summary report for corner cases.
- Will display “N/A” in the TWRR(Ann) value of the Summary report if the time period is less than 200 days or the value is larger than 10000%.
- Fix for an issue in the Summary report’s End Portfolio Change value due to post date splits.
- Fixed the “Port.%” column in a Portfolio Group’s Totals view to take into account exchange rates.
- Fix for the “ABC/Share Ccy” in multi-item aggregate rows being incorrect.
- Fix for an issue with the “Group %” column of a Portfolio Group’s Totals view when nested Portfolio Groups were in a different currency.
- Fix for some HTML characters in security names not displaying correctly.
- Fixed a crash when exporting files to non-existent locations.
- Sanitized folder-names before creating the default filename for export to CSV or PDF.
- Fixed an issue with resetting the on-line sync password.
- Cleaned up old “YF/GF only” column descriptions.
If you are running StockMarketEye 5 and have an active license, please update at your earliest convenience either through the auto-update feature or by downloading and installing from our website.