Family trusts can provide several benefits for business purposes, tax optimization, or estate planning....by Jonathan Anthony
StockMarketEye v2.3.5 Released
We are proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye v2.3.5 for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
The main new feature of this release is the Portfolio Totals view. To see the total of all your portfolios, select the “Portfolios” item in the folder’s list (first item in the list of Portfolios and Watchlists on the left hand side of the StockMarketEye window). You’ll see the total market value of all your Portfolios along with the percentage gain, day’s gain and many others. You can even configure the columns you see by right-clicking on the column headers and selecting “Configure Columns”. Alternatively you can open the column configuration window via the Preferences, “Columns” tab.
There are a number other important new features such as support for recording stock splits, capital gains and return of capital transactions. Below is a complete list of the additions and changes in this version of StockMarketEye.
What’s New In StockMarketEye v2.3.5
- New Totals view displaying sum totals of all Portfolios.
- Support Capital Gain and Return of Capital transactions.
- Support stock splits.
- New transparent bar chart cursor.
- Support for changing the default currency used by new Portfolios.
- Ability to configure the columns of the Portfolio’s Transaction view.
- New preference: Display the thousands separator.
- Improved startup time and smaller splash screen. Splash screen can be turned off in the Preferences (off by default on Mac OS X).
- Internal support for new Yahoo option symbols (see http://biz.yahoo.com/opt/symbol.html).
- Display Total Return values for portfolio item sub-lots.
- Display a dialog after a successful CSV export that contains a link to open the newly exported file.
- Allow an empty Transaction Costs field in Portfolio dialogs.
- Allow editing of an item’s Currency.
- Chart now also updates based on selection in the Transactions view.
- Reorganise and improve the Preferences.
- Fix for improper detection of splits in chart data.
- Fix for candle-stick and OHLC values used in charts.
- Updating the cash balance incorrectly used the transactions base amount rather than the rated amount. Caused cash balance to be incorrect when the transaction was not in the same currency as the portfolio.
- Add missing “Add Transaction” pop-up menu item to some Portfolio pop-up menus.
- Connection handling improvements with multiple simultaneous requests.
- Minor corrections in QIF import.
There is no charge for this upgrade so we recommend that all users (trial and licensed) download and install this new version.