Family trusts can provide several benefits for business purposes, tax optimization, or estate planning....by Jonathan Anthony
StockMarketEye v2.5.0 Released
We are proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye v2.5.0 for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. This release brings major new features that enhance your productivity when using StockMarketEye.
The most notable improvement in this version is the improved look of the interface (smaller dragable area separators; clearer row separation in tables) and the new StockMarketEye logo.
Next, we’ve added support for importing via CSV files. You can import Watchlists or Portfolio data now using CSV files. Have a look in our User’s Guide for details on the format of the import files.
We have also added support for exporting the historical price data from the Chart into a CSV file. The chart export function can be accessed from the chart toolbar, just to the right of the “Chart Options” menu. The export will be made for the current date range in the Chart (4W, 6M, 2Y, etc). You have the option of exporting just the adjusted closing prices or full Open-Hi-Low-Close data as well as the option of including the values from the currently visible Technical Indicators.
One other major improvement in this version is a streamlined update process for future releases. You won’t see this in action until the next release of StockMarketEye, however. When that happens, StockMarketEye will handle the download and installation of the new version. You will no longer have to download and install yourself.
We have also made a number of enhancements to existing features including allowing Watchlist and Portfolio symbols to be edited. Also StockMarketEye now displays an indicator in a cell when the value of that cell has been overridden by hand and is not showing the value downloaded from the web.
Finally, we have reduced the size of the backup files created by StockMarketEye by almost 90%. We recommend that you make regular backups of your StockMarketEye data using the menu, File -> Back Up… (Note: the Backup/Restore feature is not available in the trial version.)
Below is a complete list of the additions and changes in this version of StockMarketEye.
What’s New In StockMarketEye v2.5.0
- New StockMarketEye logo.
- Import Portfolios from CSV files.
- Import Watchlists from CSV files.
- Export historical price data from the Charts, including Technical Indicator values.
- Streamlined version updating (activated in next release).
- Improved look with clearer dragable separators between components.
- Improved reading clarity in tables (notably with alternating line color on Mac).
- Cells that contain a user entered value (overriding the automatic value) are displayed with an asterisk.
- New “Dividend Value” column in Portfolio Totals view.
- Backup files are now up-to 90% smaller.
- Advanced setting for Pring to PDF function to allow specialized text in place of StockMarketEye.
- Edit the symbols of items already in a Watchlist.
- Edit the symbols of items already in a Portfolio, including the symbols in the Transactions view.
- Save Portfolio Totals columns order and size on close.
- Bug fix for Day Total calculation and stocks requiring a currency multiplier (UK stocks notably).
There is no charge for this upgrade so we highly recommend that all users (trial and licensed) download and install this new version.