StockMarketEye v2.8.0 Released
We are very proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye v2.8.0 for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux.
This release includes many new features that were requested by our users over the last 12-months. A lot of work and testing has gone into this release and we’d like to thank everyone that contributed ideas and pointed out problems.
We now support using Google Finance, in addition to Yahoo! Finance, as a data provider in StockMarketEye. Google Finance provides real-time quotes for US, Indian and Chinese stocks, new fundamental data, and historical end-of-day and intraday prices.
Google Finance has a slightly different ticker symbol nomenclature than Yahoo! Finance. The easiest way to find ticker symbols for both Google and Yahoo! is through the symbol search box in the upper right corner of the StockMarketEye window. The symbol search has been updated to show an icon that corresponds to the data provider for this symbol. You can find more information on the Google and Yahoo! ticker symbol nomenclature in the section Ticker Symbols and Data Providers of our User’s Guide.
Additionally, we have updated our support of Yahoo! Finance so that we can provide intraday charts for both Google Finance ticker symbols and Yahoo! Finance ticker symbols. Intraday charts are available for 1-day and 5-day ranges and will auto-refresh every 3 & 6 minutes respectively if left visible in the chart area.
We have also enhanced the portfolios summary section (click on the “Portfolios” item in the folders area on the left-hand side of the window). In addition to the previously available portfolio totals section, we now provide a combined portfolio view. The combined portfolio shows you the holdings of all your stocks, aggregated into one large portfolio. You can export the total and combined portfolios to CSV or print them to a PDF file. It is also now possible to exclude one of your portfolios from the portfolio summary using an option in the portfolio’s Settings window.
Another often requested feature that we have added in this release is password protection. You can enable password protection from the Preferences window. When enabled, your StockMarketEye data will be encrypted (AES-128 encryption) and you will be asked for your password before StockMarketEye opens. Don’t forget your password! If you loose or forget your password, there is no way to recover it and your data will not be recoverable. When enabling password protection you can optionally enter a “Hint” that will be available when entering your password, in case you need help remembering.
There are many other additions and changes in this version, including chart speed improvements, new chart types, new portfolio columns, new display options for portfolios and the folders area, watchlist printing and many more.
Below is a complete list of the additions and changes in this version of StockMarketEye.
What’s New In StockMarketEye v2.8.0
- Updated and streamlined look-and-feel. Refreshed icon. Quote loading bling.
- Support for using Google Finance as a data provider. When using Google Finance ticker symbols, real-time quotes are available for US, Indian and Chinese stocks.
- Intraday charts for 1-day and 5-day periods. Intraday charts will refresh automatically every 3-minutes and 6-minutes respectively.
- Enhanced portfolios summary section, including portfolio totals view and combined portfolio. Total and combined portfolios can be exported to CSV or printed to a PDF file.
- Option to password protect and encrypt (AES-128) the StockMarketEye data on your computer.
- Chart speed improvements, including blazing fast tracer.
- New chart types: Candlestick Green/Red, OHLC Green/Red.
- New portfolio columns: YTD Income and 1Y Income. These columns display the total income received (dividends, capital gain, etc) and recorded in the Transactions for the specified time period.
- Option to display/hide the “Today” and “Overall” columns in the folders area.
- Portfolio option to include/exclude the “Cash” balance line.
- Portfolio option to include/exclude a portfolio in the portfolio summary.
- Print to PDF for watchlists.
- BollingerBands technical indicator now supports decimal deviation settings. This supports John Bollinger-recommended, alternative settings (10 periods, 1.9 deviations; or 50 periods, 2.1 deviations).
- Days Held column now shows high and low values if there are multiple lots.
- New icon for Get All Quotes (F5) menu item.
- Change the order of quote loading so that portfolios go first.
- Support improvements in About window.
- Fixed: Days Held column could be off by 1 day depending on several factors.
- Fixed: Watchlist add window should start with focus in Symbol field.
- Fixed: Exporting a file (CSV, PDF, etc) should warn before overwriting existing file.
- Fixed: Freeze when shutting down due to deadlock with ensuring quotes.
- Fixed: Chart OHLC values corrected.
There is no charge for this upgrade so we highly recommend that all users (trial and licensed) upgrade to the newest version.