Family trusts can provide several benefits for business purposes, tax optimization, or estate planning....by Jonathan Anthony
StockMarketEye v3.2.0 Released
We are proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye v3.2.0 for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This release includes many new features and enhancements designed to give you more tools to better analyse and manage your investments, as well as help new users get started quickly. We’d like to thank all those who gave us their feedback and helped test out the new features. Don’t hesitate to let us know where you think StockMarketEye could better help you with your investments.
The Summary Report
In this release, we’ve added a new report for viewing the performance and activity of your portfolio over any time period. We’re calling this report the Summary report. The Summary report contains a performance section that shows the performance of your entire portfolio over the selected time period. In addition to your portfolio’s performance, the Summary report will also show the performance of a benchmark over the same time period. This makes it extremely easy to see how your investments performed vs “the market”.
The Summary report also shows you the totals of your portfolio’s activity during that period, such as the totals of dividends received or fees paid. How your portfolio looked at the beginning of the period and how it looked at the end of the period are also shown, followed by the full list of transactions that occured during the selected time frame. You can even save the report as a PDF for printing or export it to CSV for use in Excel.
Brokerage Import Improvements
The brokerage import has been enhanced to make getting started with StockMarketEye easier. When importing from a brokerage you no longer need to know the specific account number you’d like to import. Now, when you leave the “Account Number” field of the import window blank, StockMarketEye will ask the brokerage for a list of your accounts and present them to you so you can select the ones you’d like to import.
Transactions Report Totals
By popular request, this version includes support for displaying a Totals line at the bottom of the Transactions report. The Totals line will display the sum of the values in the specific column, taking into account any filters you’re using. You can enable the Totals line in the Transactions report’s “More” menu (far right on the toolbar), in “Other Filter Options” -> “Show Totals”.
We’ve also made improvements to the charts. You can now view charts using the new logarithmic scale or using the standard linear scale. By popular request, we’ve also added a new cursor type, the crosshair cursor. Also by popular request, we’ve added a new technical indicator, Williams %R. You can expect to see more technical indicators in the near future.
Below is a complete list of the additions and changes in this version of StockMarketEye.
What’s New In StockMarketEye v3.2.0
- New “Summary” report for viewing the performance of your portfolio and comparing it to a benchmark.
- New ability to show a Totals line in the Transactions report.
- Import from brokerage without knowing your account number, selecting the accounts you’d like to import from a list.
- New logarithmic scale charts.
- New crosshair cursor for charts.
- New Williams %R technical indicator.
Changes and Fixes
- Back-in-time report now has forward/backward buttons for easier navigation.
- New “Benchmark Day’s Gain” and “Benchmark Percent” columns.
- New “Open Signal”, “Open Signal %”, “Gap” and “Gap %” columns for day/swing traders that have read “Market Maker’s Edge”, by Josh Lukeman.
- New “TR Converted” and “TR % Converted” columns.
- Use the last known historical quote if live quotes are not available for a symbol.
- New “Get all quotes” button on Summary view toolbar to load the quotes of just the portfolios.
- Chart shows the last chart value in tracer by default, rather than showing empty tracer fields.
- Chart cursor, click-to-trace, is remembered, displayed and used for tracer values when changing symbols.
- New brokerage: Hewitt Associates (user validated)
- New brokerage: Chase Investments (user validated)
- Brokerage update and OFX file import set the prices of invalid symbols in the portfolio using the prices received from the brokerage or in the OFX file.
- Column configuration remembers if you’ve specifically configured the current table the next time you open the Column Configuration window for that table.
- Ability to override the columns, “Price Target 1 YR” and “Book Value” columns.
- More links in the welcome window.
- Improvements to the feedback window.
- Remember fullscreen setting on Mac between runs.
- When sorting the Combined portfolio on the “Portfolio Name” column, if the names are the same, sort based on symbol.
- Give focus to the password field in the “Enter Password” dialog.
- Fixed problem in Mac App store version when exporting charts.
- Fixed problem with gain/loss calculation when splits were involved.
- Fixed problem when modifying a partial-lot sale transaction changed the buy price of the item in the Prices view.
- Fixed “Buy Val Converted” column to have correct currenc symbol.
- Fixed problem with “Gain % YTD” column “Gain YTD” column is 0.
- Fixed intraday charts so they don’t cut off some intraday prices if those prices were after 4pm.
- Fixed issue that could add a duplicate transaction when changing the transaction’s currency.
- Fixed issue where “Fit column widths to contents” on windows would slightly cut off some numbers in the Total line.
- Fixed resizing issue with the Column Configuration window.
If you are using StockMarketEye 3, we highly recommend that you upgrade to this version. This is a free update for those already using StockMarketEye 3.
Haven’t yet updated to StockMarketEye 3? What better time than now!