A reverse stock split merges shares to increase stock prices. Low stock...by Jonathan Anthony
StockMarketEye v3.3.0 Released
We are proud to announce the release of StockMarketEye v3.3.0 for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This release improves the on-line sync experience, as well as adding new features that facilitate importing from Quicken generated QIF files and handling special portfolio events.
On-Line Synchronisation Improvements
We’ve vastly improved the on-line sync service experience by making it over 10x faster. (I wish I could do that with my investments!) The way you use the on-line sync has not changed, but the entire backend has been reworked to make it extremely fast. We’ve moved the service to new hardware and a new architecture, which combined give us room to grow and support new features in the future.
Import Historical Quotes
StockMarketEye downloads live and historical quotes for the items in your portfolio and watchlists automatically. However, your portfolio can also include symbols which do not have live or historical quotes available. We call these “non-quoted” items. To better support non-quoted items, we’ve made it possible to import historical quotes from a CSV file. Checkout the documentation in our User’s Guide for more details.
We’ve added support for recording special corporate action transactions. These types of transactions can be used to facilitate recording corporate spin-offs and other special activity. Our User’s Guide has more details on using this feature.
Improved Quicken QIF Import
We’ve improved importing Quicken generated QIF files. Previously, Quicken’s QIF files were tedious to import due to their use of Security Lists and the mapping stage that was necessary in StockMarketEye. The new version of StockMarketEye can handle Quicken’s Security List portion of the QIF file in order to facilitate and almost completely eliminate the mapping stage making the migration from Quicken to StockMarketEye a breaze.
Below is a complete list of the additions and changes in this version of StockMarketEye.
What’s New In StockMarketEye v3.3.0
- On-Line sync improvements including 10x faster syncing.
- Support for importing historical quotes from a CSV file.
- New Corporate Action transaction type to handle spin-offs and other types of special actions.
- QIF import to support Security Lists from Quicken generated QIF files.
Changes and Fixes
- New column: Last Converted – The current last quote value converted to the currency of the portfolio.
- New column: Weekdays Held – The number of weekdays the position has been held. Includes holidays that fall on a weekday.
- When adding items to a watchlist, either via CSV import or bulk-add, an option has been added to ignore any symbols that are already in the watchlist.
- When adding individual items to a watchlist, a warning window will be shown if the item is already in the watchlist.
- All CSV imports now have more flexible date parsing.
- A default secondary sort on symbol is used when the values in the sorted column are the same.
- Support for unregistering the current license key from StockMarketEye on the current computer.
- ‘Yearly Dividend Value’ column now available in Portfolio Totals.
- User’s Guide updates.
- Fixed: Combined Portfolio Total line does not update when quotes updated.
- Fixed: Incorrect currency shown for some Indian stocks in watchlists.
- Fixed: “TR” should take into account any FEES paid by the item.
- Changed: CAGR for individual portfolio holdings should not include cash dividends.
- Fixed: Portfolio CSV import should keep specified symbol for FEES and INTEREST_IN/OUT transactions
- Fixed: Problem with TWRR/IRR calculation for multi-lot items when Last price is overriden.
- Fixed: Problem with desktop icon on Windows.
- Fixed: Problem with Gain/Loss values for short positions.
- Fixed: Problem with on-line sync and transaction matching.
- Fixed: Back-in-Time column LastTradeDate does not work
- Fixed: Comparison symbol in chart has no value for ‘today’
- Fixed: London and Indian tickers from Google Finance don’t have charts available.
- Fixed: Transaction matching with OFX import when multiple lots are included in the imported portfolio, as seen in InteractiveBroker’s OFX file.
If you are using StockMarketEye 3, we highly recommend that you upgrade to this version. This is a free update for those already using StockMarketEye 3.
Still using the old StockMarketEye 2? Now’s a great time to upgrade to StockMarketEye 3!