How to export your investment portfolios from Microsoft Money Plus into QIF
The Money Plus application from Microsoft allows you to export your investment portfolios into Quicken Interchange Format (QIF) files. QIF files contain information about the transactions that have occurred in your portfolio. You can use QIF files to transfer your portfolio information to other financial applications.
After reading this guide, you may also be interested in learning how your investment data can be transferred to StockMarketEye using the exported QIF files.
- Open Microsoft Money Plus and click on the “File” menu, then select “Export…”.
- In the “Export” window, select “Loose QIF” or “Strict QIF”. The format you select here depends on where you will be using the exported QIF file. If you will be using the exported QIF file in StockMarketEye, you can select “Loose QIF”. Click the ‘OK’ button to continue.
- Choose the file name and folder where the exported QIF data should be saved. Each portfolio that you have in Microsoft Money Plus will be exported separately and in its own file. You should therefore choose a name that corresponds to the portfolio you will be exporting. Click the ‘OK’ button when you have entered the file name and directory.
- In the “Export” window, select “Investment” as we are only interested in exporting investment transactions. Click the ‘OK’ button to continue.
- In the “Select Export Account” window, click on the name of the investment portfolio/account that you would like to export. Click the ‘Continue’ button to finish the export.
- Your investment portfolio has now been exported. The exported data is in the file you selected in Step #3. Click the ‘OK’ button to finish.
Now that you’ve exported your portfolio data into a QIF formated file, learn how you can import your QIF data into StockMarketEye and get back on top of the market today!
Your next step…
Learn more about how you can use StockMarketEye to keep your eye on the stock market and monitor your investment portfolios. Or just try it out yourself with our free, 30-day trial.